- Brain Injury
- Policy & Law
Brain Injury Committee
The Brain Injury Committee's mission is to improve the lives of Delawareans with brain injury and their families by providing the following:
- a forum for the sharing and analysis of information
- a network to identify and facilitate acquisition of enhanced resources
- a technical assistance provider to educate public and private policymakers
- an advocacy agency to promote a consumer-oriented, effective injury and prevention service delivery system.
Policy & Law Committee
The Policy & Law Committee analyzes and promotes state, federal and local legislation, regulations, programs and policies to effectively meet the needs of persons with disabilities in Delaware. This Committee shall have the authority to take action consistent with its charge without approval of the full Council.
The Housing Committee analyzes and promotes federal, state and local laws, regulations, programs and policies to ensure that people with disabilities have appropriate access to housing options in Delaware.
- Community and Choice: Housing Needs for People with Disabilities in Delaware
- Homelessness in America: Focus on Chronic Homelessness Among People With Disabilities
SCPD is a member of, and provides staff support to, the Governor's Commission on Building Access to Community-Based Services' Healthcare Committee. This is a joint effort and the Committee is now collaborating with the Center for Disabilities Studies (CDS) to promote initiatives which improve the health of, and prevent secondary health conditions in, Delawareans with disabilities. The Healthcare Committee does not have a mission at this point since it has changed direction in its efforts.